Addressing COMMON NEEDS AND CHALLENGES will pave the way towards the development of radically new products and services enabled by NMP technologies while ensuring that all the necessary bottlenecks and gaps at technological, non-technological and programme level are properly addressed for enhanced sustainability, competitiveness and employment, the key socio-economic challenges for a knowledge based and eco-innovative society in the 21st century.
PROJECT GOALS:To contribute to the development of a Roadmap on Energy Efficient Builidngs and Districts from a cros-ETP point of view and with a nanotehcnologies, materials and processes (NMP) perspective.
Indeed, Building Up brought together the know-how and expertise from its eleven partners, covering various technology sectors. Six European Technology Platforms (ETPs), namely:
- European Construction Technology Platform (ECTP),
- European Technology Platform for Sustainable Chemistry (Suschem),
- European Technology Platform for Advanced Engineering Materials and Technologies (EUMAT),
- European Technology Platform for the Future of Textiles and Clothing (TEXTILE ETP),
- European Steel Technology Platform (ESTEP),
- Forest-based Sector Technology Platform (FTP), including their national platforms, as well partners specialised in supporting innovation and technology transfer issues (Austrian Society for Environment and Technology, D´Appolonia and Steinbeis-Europa-Zentrum) joined forces with other relevant initiatives such as the ERANET ERACOBUILD in order to perform all project activities including the development of this Building Up roadmap. The project started in May 2011 and ended in October 2012, with a final public event disseminating the roadmap.
* 8 Cross-Platform (CP) collaboration areas in research and innovation in the NMP field, i.e. areas considered (1) of interest by several ETPs involved in the roadmapping, (2) with high impact for the energy efficiency in the built environment. These are:
o CP1. Performance Based Approach for building components, including sustainable design, Life Cycle Analysis;
o CP2. Multi-materials and composites;
o CP3. Healthy and comfortable indoor environment (including air quality, ventilation, lighting, acoustic performance);
o CP4. Electricity generation and storage materials and systems (e.g. storage systems including building integrated energy technologies);
o CP5. Thermal generation and storage materials and systems (e.g. storage systems including building integrated energy technologies);
o CP6. Advanced thermal insulation construction materials for new buildings and existing buildings (e.g. aerogel, nanofoams, vacuum insulation panels);
o CP7. Building materials recyclability and re-use of components;
o CP8. Renewable resource-based products.
* A set of cross-cutting targets with considerations on broad non technological issues.
* The overall social, environmental and economic impact, adding specific examples on target markets and expected benefits of the proposed actions for each cross-platform areas.
We are sorry. There is currently no information available in this section.
This innovation is the result of the project
Title: Multi-stakeholder, Cross-sectorial, Collaborative long term Research & Innovation Road Map to overcome Technological and Non-technological barriers towards more energy-efficient buildings & districts
Organisations and people involved in this eco-innovation.
Please click on an entry to view all contact details.
CENTRE SCIENTIFIQUE ET TECHNIQUE DU BATIMENT
Role in project: Project Coordination
Contact person: Dr. BOURDEAU Luc
Phone: +33 493 956706
BAX & WILLEMS
Contact person: Ms. AYUSO PARA Verónica
Contact person: Prof. OAKEY John
Contact person: Ms. BERTOLUCCI Laura
ENERGY EFFICIENT BUILDINGS AISBL
Contact person: Mr. BOURDEAU Luc
EUROPEAN APPAREL AND TEXTILE CONFEDERATION
Contact person: Ms. DE WILDE Paulette
FOREST-BASED SECTOR TECHNOLOGY PLATFORM
Contact person: Dr. KLEINSCHMIT VON LENGEFELD Andreas
INSTYTUT TECHNIKI BUDOWLANEJ
Contact person: Dr. FANGRAT Jadwiga
OSTERREICHISCHE GESELLSCHAFT FUR UMWELT UND TECHNIK
Contact person: Ms. GOIGITZER Dagmar
STEINBEIS INNOVATION GGMBH
Contact person: Mr. HERRMANN Eduardo
TATA STEEL UK LIMITED
Contact person: Dr. MOONEN Wim